Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Baking Bread....well....buns....

I tried a new bread recipe today...  I wanted to cook BBQ cheeseburgers for dinner...  it feels like spring ya know!    But...I had no buns....and I really hate grocery shopping, so I wasn't going to run out just to get some hamburger buns.     Pinterest to the rescue!   I knew I had a bun recipe to try somewhere.....

I found it!   It's this recipe linked right here!!!     I saw that it was whole wheat... and.... didn't have high hopes.   I do have a ww bread recipe that I like, but....it is denser... and I don't think I'd want to use that for buns....so I wasn't sure how this would turn out.

Well, I've found my new "go to" whole wheat bread recipe, and I know I'll be making this again and again.   It was easy, the explanations are fantastic...there are helpful hints throughout the wonderful photographic instructions....and there are even troubleshooting tips at the end!  (but I didn't need them)

Look how my buns turned out!    They light and fluffy (no pregnancy butt jokes please....I'm talking about the bread)...  Seriously... this has the fluffy texture of my white bread recipes...but...it's almost 1/2 whole wheat....   Look...yum!
 I wasn't sure how much to flatten them out before the rise...  I made them sort of like hockey pucks... they worked quite well as hamburger buns...we really enjoyed them!  I split the recipe into 6 buns and they seemed just about the right size...and I baked them for about 15 minutes... 
See....just right!    Dinner was DELICIOUS!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment